I got a new job about 6 weeks ago. I’d worked from home before. I’m on a tight budget. I want to eat healthy. The solution: Take a packed lunch to work.
I wanted something healthy, filling, substantial, affordable, easy and quick to make and eat, not funny-smelling, something gluten-free, and something that doesn’t need to be heated up in the microwave.
This is my unique solution: Substantial lunchbox salad (600g)
- a tangerine/naartjie, seeds removed
- fresh basil
- fresh mint
- 1/4 cup gluten-free raw, rolled oats
- a handful of raisins and currants
- 1 Tablespoon of desiccated coconut
- 1 Tablespoon seed mix (pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, linseeds/flax seeds, sesame seeds, poppy seeds)
Put the fruit, vegetables, and herbs in the chopper part of a blender / food processor. Chop for a few seconds to desired texture.
Add the dried fruit, oats, coconut, and cinnamon.
Mix in to combine with a spoon.
Pack into a lunchbox.
Make it the evening before and store it in the fridge overnight.
Seeds and raw oats become more digestible when they soak in the juice of the fruit from the salad overnight.
This makes 600 grams. That’s pretty substantial!
Do you have any other suggestions for me?
What do you have for lunch at work?